Now that the Data Protection Act 2018 is in force we have updated our subscription model. You can sign up to follow this blog by entering your email on the left. You can also withdraw your permission to receive our emails at any time by using the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of every email you receive from us.


Wednesday, 6 June 2018

Running a business in your SFA

Running a business from home makes sense for many families. It offers greater flexibility for Service families who move frequently or have child or caring responsibilities.

If you wish to use your Service Family Accommodation (SFA) to run a business you must gain prior written approval from your Local Service Commander and the CarillionAmey Occupancy Services Team (0800 707 6000 - Option 3, email occupancyservices@carillionamey.co.uk  or visitwww.carillionamey.co.uk 
 before undertaking commercial activities in your property.

JSP 464: Tri- Service Accommodation Regulations regarding Business/commercial activity.

The use of SFA for a business or commercial activity e.g. internet and home working, mail order catalogue; cosmetic representative; kitchenware sale; registered child minding etc is not generally prohibited but prior permission must be sought from the NHPHD and the Local Service Commander [Overseas: In BF(G) the business is also to be registered with both the local BF(G) Customs and Immigration Office and Garrison/Station HQs]. This is particularly relevant if the SFA is behind the wire where there may be security and access considerations. Such activities must not be prejudicial to the good order of the SFA estate and the general interest of other occupants. Business or commercial undertakings requiring installation of industrial machinery, storage of heavy, large, toxic or explosive materials, car repairs or constant visits to the SFA by members of the public (e.g. surgery/advice services) are not permitted in SFA, and the unauthorised use of a SFA for such an activity could lead to compulsory vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.